Thursday, April 30, 2015

Creating Pictures with Two-Dimensional Shapes

Kindergarten students have been learning about two dimensional shapes in math. They read a book called Mouse Shapes by Ellen Stoll Walsh, and they saw how shapes could be manipulated to make pictures. Then students in Mrs. Manibusan's kindergarten class used two dimensional shapes found in the computer program Kidspiration 3 to create pictures of their own. Students added a sentence about their picture.

Mrs. Manibusan printed her students' work. When she showed me the pictures, I asked her to choose two or three for me to feature on this tech blog. Instead, Mrs. Manibusan sent me the whole stack of pictures with a note that said, "Please choose your favorite ones . . . I love them all." Take a look at the slideshow below, and you will see why it was too hard to choose just a few. That's why I published ALL of them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!